Pictures tells us how beautiful a trip is but not for most people with disabilities. They see the world in a unique way. Instead of just seeing, let’s Get into the Picture and embrace culture, nature, and humanity with no boundaries. A truly accessible, ‘Truly Asia’ Malaysia. In-conjunction with ICAT 2014, we welcome you to share your wonderful sights through your lens, overcoming the barriers with your shutter to discover the beauty and possibilities to obtain your dream destination for all.
A complimentary seat to ICAT2014 for each winner + accommodation and cash prizes as below.
3rd Prize: RM 600 x 1
Highest Vote Score Prize: RM 300 x 2
Photo Composition / Lighting / Relevance to decent work
The International Photography competition on Accessible Tourism is primarily a competition where the quality of the photograph and the story the image portrayed is paramount.
However, the theme of the competition is very specific in that it requires the entries to portray travellers with disabilities in a disabled friendly environment, or of people championing for the needs of disabled travellers be met so that they are able to enjoy tourism services
CRPD article 30 States: Parties recognise the right of persons with disabilities to take part on an equal basis with others and shall take all appropriate measures to ensure that persons with disabilities enjoy access to places for culture performances or services such as theatres, museums, cinemas, libraries and tourism services and, as far as possible, enjoy access to monuments and sites of national cultural importance.
When encountering various barriers, persons with disabilities, including those who have long-term physical, mental, intellectual or sensory impairments, may be hindered from giving their full and effective participation in society on an equal basis with others.
When judging photographs, equal weightage will be given to photographs of people without visible disabilities as to those with visible disabilities even though photos of visible disabilities may be more emotive. Account must also be taken of the caption and the relevance to Accessible Tourism.
Rules & Regulations：
– The photo contest on “Tourism For All” is open to everyone with the exception of employees of organisers of ICAT.
– Each participant warrants that he/she is the original author and sole owner of the copyright to all of his/her photograph entries.
– All entries become the property of the organisers and will not be returned. Please do not send your only copy of a photograph. The organisers reserve the right to use and publish any entry at their discretion, without additional compensation to the photographer; however, the copyright will remain with the photographer. Credit and notification will be given to the photographer when possible.
– Up to five photographs may be submitted by a contestant.
– The photo contest winners will be announced on November 3th, 2014. And prizes will be presented during the welcoming dinner of “ICAT2014 – Tourism For All”, which will take place on December 4, 2014.